New PharmD Curriculum
We are excited to announce the new, redesigned PharmD curriculum that will begin with the fall 2017 cohort! Take a look at the course listing and credit hours.
The new curriculum includes:
- More integration between courses and within courses
- Continuous intentional application to increase material reinforcement
- Increased focus on pharmacy practice skills, personal and professional development,
team work, and communication skills
- Block schedule with two blocks per semester and 4 – 5 courses per block
A New PharmD Curriculum Q&A document will answer many questions about the changes. If you have additional questions about the new curriculum, please e-mail [email protected]. We welcome your questions and will send a timely response.
The Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree is the College’s largest program, with more than 25 years of credible training history. Campbell’s pharmacy graduates have maintained an average of 98 percent passage rate on the national pharmacy board exams over the last 25 years and continue to build a legacy as successful leaders, innovators and contributors to the pharmacy profession.
- July 18, 2017 - PharmCAS Application Opens
- July 18–19, 2017 - PCAT Testing Date - Registration for the test opened March 1, 2017
- July 22, 2017 - Campbell Pharmacy On- Campus Admission Workshop | RSVP Here
- July 25, 2017 - Campbell Pharmacy & Dual Degrees Virtual Fair | RSVP Here
- August 22, 2017 - Campbell Pharmacy & Dual Degrees Virtual Fair | RSVP Here
- September 19, 2017 - Campbell Pharmacy & Dual Degrees Virtual Fair | RSVP Here
- September 5, 2017 - Early Decision Deadline
- September 7–8, 2017 - PCAT Testing Date - Registration for the test opened March 1, 2017
- September 7–8, 2017 - PCAT Testing Date - Registration for the test opens September 5, 2017
- September 30, 2017 - PCAT deadline for Early Decision Applicants
- October 20, 2017 - Early Decision Acceptance Notification or Release to Regular Applicant Pool
- October 23–31, 2017 - PCAT Testing Date - Registration for the test opens September 5, 2017
- October 27, 2017 - Campbell Pharmacy & Dual Degrees Virtual Fair | RSVP Here
- November 1, 2017 - Priority Application Deadline
- November 1–3, 2017 - PCAT Testing Date - Registration for the test opens September 5, 2017
- January 3–4, 2018 - PCAT Testing Date - Registration for the test opened March 1, 2017
- March 1, 2018 - Campbell PharmCAS Deadline
State of the Art Facilities
Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences (CPHS) is situated on main campus in Buies Creek. Pharmacy classes are held in a 42,000 square-foot teaching facility. Its three floors house classrooms, breakout rooms, admissions and alumni suites, lecture halls, offices, a faculty resource center, and professional association room. In addition to traditional learning space, the third floor laboratory space is dedicated to interactive, hands-on learning.
Elevate Your Career
The four-year doctor of pharmacy program prepares students to become registered pharmacists. The program educates students in counseling patients on medication use, promoting public health, managing medication distribution, managing pharmacy practice, and providing patients with the best drug therapy for their needs. The expected job outlook for doctor of pharmacy candidates is exceptionally bright, with an anticipated 105,800 job openings between 2008 and 2018.