Graduate Admission Process

Links to the applications, recommendation form, honor code, and bulletin acknowledgment are located at the bottom of this page. The School of Education Graduate Programs have open enrollment, so applicants may apply at any time.

  1. A completed application form, honor code, bulletin acknowledgment form, and recommendation letters. These forms are located at the bottom of this page. If you have trouble opening the forms, please contact the School of Education, Graduate Admissions Office at 910-814-5515.
    • School of Education
    • Graduate Admissions Office
    • P.O. Box 369
    • Buies Creek, NC 27506
  2. There is a non-refundable $55.00 application fee that must be paid thru TouchNet. Click here to pay your fee.
  3. Recommendation forms (located at the bottom of this page) must be distributed by the applicant to three professional persons who have been directly involved in the applicant's academic or professional work. Have the person giving the reference return the recommendation form to you. The recommendation form and letter must be placed in an envelope, sealed, and signed across the seal by the person giving the reference and submitted with your application.
  4. The applicant must take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general exam AND request the score report be sent to : Score reports must be received before an admissions decision can be made. Use our school code: 5100
    • School of Education
    • Graduate Admissions Office
    • P.O. Box 369
    • Buies Creek, NC 27506
  5. The applicant must request that official transcripts of all college work be sent to the School of Education Graduate Admissions Office. If the college or university submits electronic transcripts, the electronic transcript must be sent from the college or university to the Graduate Admissions office at [email protected].
  6. Applicants must schedule an interview with the appropriate program coordinator as part of the admissions process. The program coordinator may choose to involve other professionals in the interview process. Mrs. Ranae Strickland will e-mail you when your application file is complete; you will then be contacted by the coordinator to set up an interview.  Please do not contact the program coordinator until your application is complete and cleared through Graduate Admissions office, Ranae Strickland.
  • Dr. Sam Engel – Graduate Teacher Licensure Only, Initial Plus Masters Program, and AIG Certification Only - ext. 1647
  • Dr. Carol Maidon – M.Ed. Elementary Education, Middle Grades, Secondary, and M.Ed. Interdisciplinary Studies ext. 1637
  • Dr. Harriet Enzor – Counselor Education Programs ext 1633.
  • Dr. Peggy Smith – MSA Program ext. 1648
  • Counseling Applicants should contact Ranae Strickland at 910-814-5515 or 1-800-334-4111, ext. 5515 to schedule the interview.


Additional Required Forms

The following additional forms must be submitted with the application:

  1. Applicants must read, print, and sign the Honor Code Policy located in the Forms section below. A signed copy of the Honor Code must be submitted with the application.
  2. Applicants must sign the Bulletin Acknowledgement located in the Forms section below. A signed copy of the acknowledgment must be submitted with the application.

The applicant’s application and supporting documents will be presented to the Office of the Dean and the School of Education Graduate Committee. The applicant will be notified of his or her status by the School of Education Graduate Admissions Office.



Graduate Program Applications

Application for students wanting to obtain a Master's degree in Education, and School Administration use the form below.
Graduate M.Ed. Application

Application for students that have a Bachelor's degree and want initial teacher licensure from Campbell University or want an add-on AIG license use the form below. Use this form if you are not seeking a Master's degree.
Graduate Licensure Only Application

Application for visiting students or students taking a few courses but not wanting a degree from Campbell or students needing courses to obtain their license through the Regional Alternative Licensing Center use the form below.
Visiting Students and Students with a Plan of Study from the RALC

Application for students wanting to obtain a Master's degree in School Counseling, Mental Health Counseling, and School Add-on license use the form below.
School Counseling and Mental Health Counseling Application

Equal Opportunity Policy

It is the intention of the University to cooperate as fully as possible with the applicable requirements and provisions of the various state and federal employment and labor laws. Accordingly, the University is committed to administering all educational and employment activities without discrimination as to race, creed, color, sex, gender, age, national origin, religion, disability, or status as a veteran except where exemption is appropriate and allowed by law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to the recruitment, hiring, assignment, retention, and discharge of employees.

Inquiries regarding the University's equal opportunity policy may be directed to:

Campbell University
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 595
Buies Creek, NC 27506

Please note:
Students who have applied to a graduate program are allowed to enroll in no more that two courses (6 hours maximum) in their respective programs while their application is still under consideration. Taking these six hours does not automatically constitute acceptance into a program. Students must earn a grade of “B” or higher in these courses. Once a student is admitted into a program, these 6 hours may be considered as transfer credit if the courses relate to the program area and were taken within the last five years.  A grade of "C" will not transfer.